Asbestos Abatement and Removal Services
The D. H. Griffin Companies offer asbestos removal and asbestos cleanup through environmental affiliate, DARI (Demolition & Asbestos Removal Inc.). Established in 1985, DARI is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina with offices strategically located throughout the Southeast. DARI is currently ranked as the second largest abatement contractor in the Southeast.
Extensive safety measures must be taken to ensure safe asbestos removal when abatement is needed. DARI has over 29 years of experience in asbestos removal and has completed thousands of projects in commercial, government, industrial and residential settings. Our highly trained and experienced supervisors and personnel understand the importance of asbestos removal from any building demolition or renovation project and will perform the work safely and efficiently. Click here to view a selection of abatement projects completed by DARI.
Asbestos is a dangerous substance that was used in the construction and renovation of many buildings between 1940s and 1970's. Asbestos contains harmful contaminants that can damage the lungs and create long term health hazards, including certain cancers. It is believed that even low levels of exposure can be extremely harmful over time. The following are examples of some building materials that may contain asbestos:
- Sprayed coatings and laggings - e.g. insulation of pipe work.
- Sprayed fire retardant containing asbestos and cement mixture - fire protection.
- Sprayed/loose packed asbestos - e.g. as fire breaks in ceiling voids.
- Insulating boards - used for fire protection, thermal insulation.
- Asbestos cement products - roofing and wall cladding, transite siding.
- Certain textured coatings - ceiling & wall texture, acoustical support.
- Asbestos board/paper products in electrical equipment.
- Flooring - e.g. floor tile and mastic, sheet linoleum, leveling compounds
- Thermal System Insulation (TSI) - e.g. pipe and boiler insulation
- Ceiling tiles
Please contact the D.H. Griffin Companies office nearest you to discuss your asbestos abatement and disposal needs.